[Icecast] Problem with Icecast as Windows-services

Leo Currie leo.currie at strath.ac.uk
Wed Jan 25 20:55:28 UTC 2006

henk van de ridder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have some problems to use icecast as a Windows Services.
> We have installed the latest Icecast version in Services mode.
>
> We start Icecast.
> We see an icecast-service running
> When we connect to the machine, streaming of a MP3-file (by using  a M3U
> playlist) is OK
>
> But when we logoff our user, then we cannot get connection to the stream
> anymore.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but:
Is the source client running on the same machine as well? If your source
client isn't running as a service, then it will certainly be stopped
when you logoff, even if the server is still running.

Can you access the status.xsl page on the server when logged off?

Leo