[Icecast] Re: Change Station Name

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Sun Feb 12 22:48:41 UTC 2006

I think that SAM streams WMA via both "push" and "pull".  In the
"pull" case, listeners connect directly to the SAM encoder,
alternatively you can configure a Windows Media Server to "pull" from
your SAM encoder and then have listeners attach to that.  "Push"
means SAM will send the WMA stream to a supported media server, which
I think only happens to be the Windows Media Server.  Either way, as
Geoff already said, Icecast doesn't play a part in any of this WMA
streaming (push or pull), and so your question is not related to
icecast at all, but rather simply WMA streaming.  I doubt you'll get
much more help that I just gave on how to do WMA streaming from this list.

perhaps you can try the SAM forums ?

oddsock