[Icecast] making ices under Mac OS X

Paulie Pena IV paulie4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 04:04:21 UTC 2006

After I got the libshout problem taken care of, I tried installing
installing ices.  It gave the following error:
metadata.c:55: error: 'fd_set' undeclared (first use in this function)
I searched the internet for fd_set and found that select uses it,
which needs sys/time.h, which wasn't included in metadata.c, so I
added #include <sys/time.h> with the other includes, and it seems to
have compiled correctly.  Hope this helps somebody.

Also, does the icecast website have a list of what programs require
what dependencies?  I had to try to ./configure icecast before it told
me I needed libogg and libvorbis, and I had to try to ./configure ices
before I found out I needed libshout.

Thanks,
Paulie