[Icecast] config_types.h error on Mac OS X

Paulie Pena IV paulie4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 03:15:43 UTC 2006

I'm not sure if the libogg, libvorbis, or libshout installation caused
the following problem.  libogg and libvorbis seemed to install without
any errors on my Mac OS X 10.4, but for some reason when I tried
configuring libshout it died with this message: "configure:23903:
error: requisite Ogg Vorbis library not found."  I looked through the
config.log file and found this error:
/usr/local/include/ogg/config_types.h:6: error: parse error before
'ogg_uint16_t'
/usr/local/include/ogg/config_types.h:8: error: parse error before
'ogg_uint32_t'

I found /usr/local/include/ogg/config_types.h had the following:
/* these are filled in by configure */
typedef int16_t ogg_int16_t;
typedef u_int16_t ogg_uint16_t;
    INSTEAD OF typedef u_int16_t ogg_uint16_t
typedef int32_t ogg_int32_t;
typedef u_int32_t ogg_uint32_t;
   INSTEAD OF typedef u_int32_t ogg_uint32_t
typedef int64_t ogg_int64_t;

I'm not sure why it would have uint16_t since
/usr/local/include/ogg/os_types.h doesn't have uint16_t under any of
its OS sections.  I manually changed those two values to what
ogg/os_types.h had for my OS and ran ./configure again, and the error
message went away.  I hope this helps anyone else who has this
problem.

-Paulie