[Icecast] Windows Xp / Icecast 2.3.1 / Oddcast 3 / Crap Router?

Autoegocrat u_azhole at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 04:21:53 UTC 2006

Ok here's the deal. I set up Icecast and Oddcast, got them to communicate
properly, but cannot access the live audio remotely. On other computers in
the LAN it works perfetly. Currently I operate wirelessly behind a D-Link
514 router (a mite outdated by now, yes?) and have opened all necessary
ports, turned my firewalls off, set this computer as a DMZ, pretty much
everything I can think of - but when I try to connect from outside the LAN,
I still get a timeout message. I've check the access logs and ity does not
show any record of a connection attempt. Perhaps this is a problem that is
in a different league than icecast config, but you guys are smarter than I.
Help me out? heh

I've been banging my head over this crap for hours...hopefully the solution
is simple.