[Icecast] Constant pinging from muon.cygnus-1.org

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Sep 9 13:52:42 UTC 2005

On 9/9/05, Robert Reed <n6hgg at cox.net> wrote:
> Can someone in this icecast list tell me why, after steaming  a shoutcast
> server for some time, a 69.46.29.165 ip address has started and keeps pinging
> my port 8000 every couple of seconds 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

This is absolutely nothing to do with the icecast project or xiph.org.

It's presumably some third-party trying to relay your stream - you
should get in contact with whoever's running it - we can't help you
ourselves.

Perhaps next time you might take a less antagonistic tone when you
have some issue with someone who is using our software (someone we
know absolutely nothing about)?

Mike