[Icecast] Constant pinging from muon.cygnus-1.org

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Sep 9 13:59:23 UTC 2005

At 10:08 PM 9/8/2005, you wrote:
>Can someone in this icecast list tell me why, after steaming  a shoutcast
>server for some time, a 69.46.29.165 ip address has started and keeps pinging
>my port 8000 every couple of seconds 24 hours a day 7 days a week?
The icecast team that you so quickly blame for your problems has nothing to
do with the actual usage of our product.  It's clear to me that someone is
trying to relay your content (without your authorization) and you deduce
that since it appears in our directory, that we are causing it.  That is
flat out wrong, and you might want to do some checking next time before you
come out and accuse people you really don't even know of something devious.

as far as your problem goes...I'd suggest you do some googling on "Net Abuse".

oddsock