[Icecast] Register into shoutcast directory

Jason (WeatherServer) Jason at Weatherserver.net
Wed Nov 23 18:10:04 UTC 2005

2 things.  Shoutcast forbids Icecast servers to be listed on the directory
and shoutcast can't relay a icecast feed.  BUT icecast can relay a shoutcast
feed.
----- Original Message -----
From: "EISELE Pascal" <pe at letsgozic.com>
To: "icecast" <icecast at xiph.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:20 AM
Subject: [Icecast] Register into shoutcast directory

Hello,

Icecast is a great project but there is one big problem left ! We can't
register into shoutcast directory which is the mosted used radio
directory in the world. So this realy difficult to find more listeners...
After many search, I was thinking that the only way to get our radio
into shoutcast directory was to setup a shoutcast relay using our
icecast server. Unfortunatly it seams not working because shoutcast
don't get any information from our icecast server (genre, stream url, ...).
Is someone has experimented a such case ?

Thanks

Pascal