[Icecast] Speex client?

William K. Volkman wkvsf at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 11 01:55:23 UTC 2005

Hello,
	On the announcement page for Icecast 2.3 it mentions
"Streaming support for ogg speex, ogg flac, ogg midi".
I've googled around and not found any free clients that
support streaming speex.  I looked at svn for libshout2 and
it doesn't seem to support speex and skimming through
the list archives I only see mention of speex last February,
which seemed to indicate it would be supported soon.
Any update?  Should I be looking in a particular branch
of svn?

I'm working with a non-profit educational group and we would
like to find a way to share seminars for 50 to 100 people
without having to use phone conferencing.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,
William.