[Icecast] Enable port 80 on Win2k3 server with Websites

Doc Nasty doc at krushradio.com
Thu Nov 10 05:12:20 UTC 2005

Mike:

Sorry, I had it in the Subject line.  I'm using Windows 2003 Server.
I can bind websites to IP address, and allocate anything to a different IP.
I was kinda hoping that if I bound Port 80 to an IP address that nothing
else was using, it would work.

Thanks
~DocNasty
~Krushradio.com

You didn't mention what OS you're using, but here's a couple of likely
problems:
 1) Unix OSes don't allow non-root users to bind to low (< 1024) ports.
You'll have to configure icecast to start as root then drop privs if you
want to use port 80.
 2) Maybe something else is already using port 80.

Also, are you sure you want to bind only to this address? Normally people
don't. It makes some things a little harder, since for example testing from
localhost won't work.

Mike