[Icecast] ezstream

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Wed Mar 16 16:22:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:46 +1100, Michael Smith wrote:
> Compared to ices2, ezstream is very simple - easy to set up, easy to
> use. It's also much, much less featureful. ezstream supports some
> formats that ices2 doesn't, though. It also runs on some platforms
> that ices2 doesn't (notably windows).
>
> If you really need mp3, you might also consider ices0, which, despite
> the similar name and low version number, is a seperate program from
> ices2, and is very stable and usable.

Can ezstream stream live (i.e. from the sound card).  Also can it do 2
streams at once in the way darkice can?

Has anyone done any documentation how-tos for it apart what is on the
page at http://www.icecast.org/ezstream.php.  I cant quite work out
where the re-encode stuff fits in.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England - VoIP 0117 911 8044
Web Services, Database Development and general IT services