[Icecast] behind a router

renna renna.bh at katamail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:20:58 UTC 2005

first of all i realized i haven't properly understood what <bind-adress> is
needed for. to "stick" the server to a particular network card? what does
this exactly mean? do i need it?

i tried assigning to <hostname> both the internal ip of the router 192.168.2.1
and the ip that's assigned to it by the ISP, and in either case i'm not able
through xmms to connect to the stream, neither to
http://192.168.2.1:8000/live nor to http://ipassignedbytheISP:8000/live

on the router i have redirected port 8000 to my ip both for tcp and for udp,
should i change this?

btw i created a user icecast to start the icecast server and when i start it
it gives me this error, but still starts up,
icecast at delirium icecast $ icecast -c icecast/icecast.xml
WARNING: Can't change user id unless you are root.

does this have anything to do with my problem?

thanks for the support so far
--
Dubitare
Disobbedire