[Icecast] behind a router

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Wed Mar 2 18:19:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'd personally only use the bind atribute if you realy need to stop it from
binding to a specific interface, otherwise you could well come unstuck
(e.g. can only hear internally but not externally or vice versa).  Not
specifying a bind atribute should cause it to bind to all interfaces.

And the hostname thing only matters if you use Icecast's generated
playlists (i.e. http://server:port/mountpoint.m3u) otherwise it doesn't
make any difference (IIRC).

As a start with your diagnosis, I suggest looking at your logs for when you
tried to connect from outside.  If you don't see anything at all, then your
client connection wasn't reaching Icecast at all.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html