[Icecast] Newbie with problems on Debian Sarge

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Sun Jun 12 18:17:08 UTC 2005

I have a Debian Sarge box that I am trying to get icecast2 and ices2 up and
running on. I'm having problems, but do not know where to look to identify the
problem.

I have my audio working with ALSA - microphone in plays through my audio out.

I'm running a basic configuration using the defaults provided, and the ALSA
example config file for ices.

When I try to connect to the server using WinAmp, I hear nothing.

I'm not sure where to start the debugging process. Any help would be appreciated.

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net