[Icecast] icecast1 documentation

Kelvin Chu kc at ih.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jun 10 08:17:08 UTC 2005

Hi Geoff,

I'm a bit confused...

After reading the docs, I was under the impression that icecast2 does
not do on demand relaying?
I did a google search, found this (well, it's a year ago)
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2004-February/006555.html

Also, in the relaying section of the icecast documentation:
http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.2.0/icecast2_relay.html

There was no references to aliasing anymore, nor on-demand broadcasting

And quoting the documentation on the relaying section:
"When the slave server is started, it will connect to the master server
located at 192.168.1.11:8001 and will begin to relay only the mountpoint
specified"

That gave me the impression that it's not really on-demand

Could anyone clarify the situation? :-)

Thanks!

Kelvin