[Icecast] icecast1 documentation

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri Jun 10 08:12:32 UTC 2005

Kelvin Chu wrote:

> Can anyone point me to some good icecast1 documentation? I looked on the
> icecast.org website, but the /docs link only list the icecast2 documentation
> now and the whole site is void of icecast1 documentation...

This is because Icecast 1.x is deprecated and no longer supported.

> Using icecast1 instead of icecast2 because I need on-demand-streaming...

You can do on-demand streaming with Icecast 2, just as easily as you can do
it with a webserver.

As for documentation, I have a file called manual.html which is presumably
from the Icecast 1.x distribution.  I can send it to you if it's not and
you still want it.  But I strongly recommend Icecast 2.

Geoff.