[Icecast] relay icecast to shoutcast

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Sun Jun 5 01:09:50 UTC 2005

figured it out! I have a dynamically allocated IP address - and i was
entering a dynamic DNS name in the shoutcast server config expecting it
to be resolved. It wasn't. I entered the IP address just then and it
relays perfectly! Will follow up with the shoutcast service support to
see why my dynamic name isn't being resolved (perhaps it can't be with
shoutcast?).

re. 44.1 and stereo/mono: As well as doing streaming, my system will be
providing local playback at full bandwidth (ie. it's going to be play
44.1 material for listeners at an actual installation). My software can
support downsampling, enabling support for a number of sampling rates -
but it's a nasty sounding algorithm so i'll leave it at 44.1. The
shoutcast service (audiorealm.com) is fixed in stereo unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

iain