[Icecast] buffering

mark burdett mark at indymedia.org
Thu Jun 2 19:30:03 UTC 2005

I would suggest switching to icecast2 since people on this
list could help you (and also because it's way better ;)

on some players like winamp you can increase the buffer size
(for ogg and mp3 formats separately, iirc), this may help.

you'll probably want to stream at 16kbps (11khz mono).

i've found that i should set the source client and server to
have the same timeouts.  i.e. stick with the defaults of 10
second timeout for oddcast DSP and
<source-timeout>10</source-timeout> for icecast2.  this way
both sides will disconnect, and hopefully reconnect, at the
same time.

--mark