[Icecast] buffering

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 2 19:04:07 UTC 2005

hi,

I doing some tests streaming from a connection in South Africa that seems
to have difficulty handling even a 32kbps stream. Unfortunately there
is no scope to upgrade the connection. The stream will go live
to radio in London and hence a client has to have as consistent a
connection as possible. I was wondering if there are any tricks to
reducing buffering on the client in this kind of situation?

Are there any tricks on the encoder, server, or player end that could
help?

Additonally, we are using Icecast1...Is there any performance gains
(regarding buffering) to be gained by going to Icecast2?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

adam

Adam Hyde
~/.fi