[Icecast] Icecast/ices problem

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Jul 26 20:00:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 18:43, Robert Muchnick wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. It turns out that debug for ices told me
> nothing but debug for icecast 2.2.0 showed that it was terminating the
> source at the same place in the playlist, apparently due to a lack of
> trailing metadata in one particular file -- icecast saw it as end of
> stream.

> After checking code updates on the TRAC system, I installed the kh branch
> of icecast (kh13) and this seems to have fixed the spontaneous dropping of
> the mountpoint due to this particular file.

I'm not sure what the changes in -kh would have with this, the mp3
difference is really just making sure there are blocks of a certain
size. I would need the test case to verify it.

> BTW, I tried icecast-2.2-kh14.tar.gz from mediacast1.com/~karl but it
> won't untar completely; it gives this:
>
> . . .
> icecast-2.2-kh14/doc/icecast2_admin.html
> icecast-2.2-kh14/doc/icecast2_basicsetup.html
> icecast-2.2-kh14/doc/icecast2_config_file.html
>
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

maybe an interrupted download, I believe the mediacast1.com server was
rebooted yesterday, so you may of caught it.  The tar.gz untars here
without issue

karl.