[Icecast] Icecast/ices problem

Robert Muchnick hostmaster at xenterra.net
Tue Jul 26 21:39:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Karl Heyes wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 18:43, Robert Muchnick wrote:
<< >>
>> icecast saw it as end of
>> stream.
>
>> After checking code updates on the TRAC system, I installed the kh branch
>> of icecast (kh13) and this seems to have fixed the spontaneous dropping of
>> the mountpoint due to this particular file.
>
> I'm not sure what the changes in -kh would have with this, the mp3
> difference is really just making sure there are blocks of a certain
> size. I would need the test case to verify it.

It was the changes noted at
http://trac.xiph.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/changeset/9465, starting at line 468
that made me think this new code might accommodate the mp3's particular
problem. Seems to have done it, as that playlist ran flawlessly for hours
today after installing kh13. (I can send you the offending music file
offlist if you want it, if that's what you meant.)

>> BTW, I tried icecast-2.2-kh14.tar.gz from mediacast1.com/~karl but it
>> won't untar completely; it gives this:
<< >>
> maybe an interrupted download, I believe the mediacast1.com server was
> rebooted yesterday, so you may of caught it.  The tar.gz untars here
> without issue

Yup. Must have got caught right in it toward the end of the download so I
had a "big" file, not an obvious error. kh14 compiles perfectly now.
Thanks.

Robert Muchnick
Xenterra.net
720-276-7917