[Icecast] Icecast/ices problem

Robert Muchnick hostmaster at xenterra.net
Tue Jul 26 17:43:48 UTC 2005

Thanks for the suggestion. It turns out that debug for ices told me
nothing but debug for icecast 2.2.0 showed that it was terminating the
source at the same place in the playlist, apparently due to a lack of
trailing metadata in one particular file -- icecast saw it as end of
stream.

After checking code updates on the TRAC system, I installed the kh branch
of icecast (kh13) and this seems to have fixed the spontaneous dropping of
the mountpoint due to this particular file.

BTW, I tried icecast-2.2-kh14.tar.gz from mediacast1.com/~karl but it
won't untar completely; it gives this:

. . .
icecast-2.2-kh14/doc/icecast2_admin.html
icecast-2.2-kh14/doc/icecast2_basicsetup.html
icecast-2.2-kh14/doc/icecast2_config_file.html

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

and won't configure.

However, icecast-2.2-kh13.tar.gz untarred just fine.

---------------------

Brendan Cully brendan at xiph.org wrote:
Mon Jul 25 14:56:28 PDT 2005

On Monday, 25 July 2005 at 11:56, Robert Muchnick wrote:
> > I have an experimental installation of ices 0.4 streaming to icecast 2.2.0
> > on the same server (libshout 2.1). Ices had been very stable until this
> > weekend, when it began dying after playing only a few MP3s (same files as
> > before). Nothing in the ices.log to indicate a problem. The icecast error
> > log shows this when ices dies:

> You might want to crank up the ices logging level. Also the ices.cue
> file would be a good clue about whether ices died in the middle of a
> track or not.

Robert Muchnick
Xenterra.net
720-276-7917