[Icecast] Different encodings on different ports

Josh Burley jburley at kuci.org
Tue Jan 25 02:57:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,

    I'm looking to migrate from Shoutcast to Icecast. Our current
configuration is such that we have a low bitrate encoding on port 8000,
and a high bitrate encoding on 889. I've been looking through the
documentation but haven't found a good way to make this happen in
Icecast. We're using Darkice to stream to the server, and that does the
different enodings fine, but from the Icecast side I can't figure out
how to set the same mount point ( / ), have different data on different
ports.

    Is this possible? Or do I have to run separate Icecast instances?

Thanks!

.josh

Josh Burley
Computing Manager