[Icecast] ezstream question

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Wed Jan 19 14:22:49 UTC 2005

Dan V wrote:

> I need to get an 128kb stream from a server, reendcode and rebroadcast it
> from a second one, at 3 different versions - 32/64/128.

Ok, well I'd set up a straight relay for the 128k version, then run two
instances of streamTranscoder (from oddsock.org).  This has the
disadvantage of pulling the 128K stream 3 times, though if you got the
transcoder to pull from your relay then those two would be local.

Oddsock, have you had any thoughts about having multiple outputs from a
single streamTranscoder instance?  I'm currently runing two instances, both
transcoding the same stream, and it occured to me that it should be at
least theoretically possible to have one decode stage rather than having to
have two.

Geoff.