[Icecast] ezstream question

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Jan 19 14:45:18 UTC 2005

At 08:22 AM 1/19/2005, you wrote:
>Oddsock, have you had any thoughts about having multiple outputs from a
>single streamTranscoder instance?  I'm currently runing two instances,
>both transcoding the same stream, and it occured to me that it should be
>at least theoretically possible to have one decode stage rather than
>having to have two.

it's certainly something that can be added, although right now it does not
currently do this.  I created ezstream as a "moderately-better" version of
the example program that came with libshout.  The intent was to make it a
very simple and straightforward application as possible, not as
feature-rich as other source clients...although you could argue that I
violated that intent by adding the reencoding feature...either way, I'll
look into it, but can't promise anything in the near term...

oddsock