[Icecast] ices 0.4 can't find playlists...

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Fri Jan 14 04:42:19 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've compiled and successfully run icecast2 with ices on a single
stream. But I'm running into problems running multiple streams from
ices to icecast...

I used the <playlist>...</playlist> syntax to run a single stream, but
the docs on icecast.org seem to suggest using the <input>...</input>
syntax instead. I've actually tried it both ways, with similar results:
ices reports "Could not find a valid playlist file." and exits.

Here's both versions of my config...both of these are inside the
<Stream>...</Stream> tags, and I've verified that the paths to the
playlist.txt files are valid. If I use the same <Playlist> tags at the
top of the file (outside the <stream> tags) and only configure one
stream, it works. Can someone let me know what I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

-Chris

<input> syntax:
--------------------

<input>
       <module>playlist</module>
       <param name="type">basic</param>
       <param name="file">/opt/rekoil/mp3lib/elektro/playlist.txt</param>
       <param name="random">1</param>
       <param name="once">0</param>
</input>

<Playlist> syntax:

     <Playlist>
       <File>/opt/rekoil/mp3lib/elektro/playlist.txt</File>
       <Randomize>1</Randomize>
       <Type>builtin</Type>
       <Module>ices</Module>
     </Playlist>