[Icecast] Need help with Listener Authentication

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 14 00:18:26 UTC 2005

One particular gotcha with listener authentication.  Make sure the
password file is writable.  If you start icecast as a user other than
root, or use the changeowner option in the config, make sure the
password file is writable by that user.  Other than that, the manual
seems fairly complete.

Incidentally, I just sent a config to the list for another problem I'm
having, but it does have a working authentication section if you wish to
look at one.

Joel