[Icecast] ices 0.4 can't find playlists...

Jonas Nyrén spectral at ludd.ltu.se
Fri Jan 14 05:06:20 UTC 2005

Chris Woodfield wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've compiled and successfully run icecast2 with ices on a single
> stream. But I'm running into problems running multiple streams from
> ices to icecast...
>
> I used the <playlist>...</playlist> syntax to run a single stream, but
> the docs on icecast.org seem to suggest using the <input>...</input>
> syntax instead. I've actually tried it both ways, with similar
> results: ices reports "Could not find a valid playlist file." and exits.

This (<input> element) is for ices2 and not ices0.4 which you are using.
To have multiple streams of the same playlist you should have multiple
<stream> ... </stream> elements in the config. One for each stream you
want to send.

> Here's both versions of my config...both of these are inside the
> <Stream>...</Stream> tags, and I've verified that the paths to the
> playlist.txt files are valid. If I use the same <Playlist> tags at the
> top of the file (outside the <stream> tags) and only configure one
> stream, it works. Can someone let me know what I'm going wrong?

Yes, the <playlist> element should be outside the <stream> element. As I
said above you only need to have multiple <stream> elements.. (since you
are streaming the same playlist in each "instance").

Hope this solves your problem.

/Jonas