[Icecast] listener authentication for multiple mountpoints

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri Jan 14 03:35:12 UTC 2005

Joel Ebel wrote:

> So here was my other question that got missed.
>> 1.  Is it ok to use the same password file for multiple mountpoints, or
>> will that cause problems?

I shouldn't think so, but I've not used this feature.

> I just want to us the same passwords for two different streams.  I'm also
> curious if this is in any way related to clusters or grouping mentioned in
> the new features of icecast 2.2.  I don't think it is, but I can't find any
> good documentation on what clusters or groups are, or how to use them if I
> wanted to.

Clustering and grouping are both to do with YP listings. clustering allows
you to list the same actual stream housed on different servers in the same
directory listing, hence the need for a password.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html