[Icecast] ices0 config for high and low bandwidth users

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed Jan 12 23:29:07 UTC 2005

Hello,
    Does anyone have a config for the above? I've got several static
playlists of mp3's that i'd like to offer. Offering them for high bandwidth
cable dsl users works fine, but i'd like to give them out to dialups as
well. Currently whenever a dialup user connects the stream1 plays for about
two seconds then goes sluggish. I'm theorizing that i'm giving to much for
the user to handle over the modem. Below is what i have a config, but i am
uncertain as to the proper setting of bitrate, samplerate, and chanels for
the dialup user on stream2. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

ices.conf stream settings:
  <Playlist>
    <File>/usr/local/share/icecast/conf/playlist.txt</File>
  </Playlist>
  <Stream>
    <Server>
      <Hostname>localhost</Hostname>
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <Password>password</Password>
      <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    </Server>
    <Mountpoint>/stream1</Mountpoint>
    <Name>Local MP3 Stream</Name>
    <Genre>Music</Genre>
    <Description>Music</Description>
    <URL>http://localhost/</URL>
    <Public>0</Public>
    <Bitrate>128</Bitrate>
    <Reencode>1</Reencode>
    <Samplerate>44100</Samplerate>
    <Channels>2</Channels>
  </Stream>
<Stream>
    <Server>
      <Hostname>localhost</Hostname>
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <Password>password</Password>
      <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    </Server>
    <Mountpoint>/stream2</Mountpoint>
    <Name>Local MP3 Stream Dialup</Name>
    <Genre>MusicDialup</Genre>
    <Description>Music For Dialup</Description>
    <URL>http://localhost/</URL>
    <Public>0</Public>
    <Bitrate>24</Bitrate>
    <Reencode>1</Reencode>