[Icecast] eztream broken pipe, 0.2.0 doesnt compile

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Sun Jan 9 16:28:22 UTC 2005

At 10:21 PM 1/8/2005, you wrote:
>Well, I see ezstream 0.2.0 is downloadable, so I downloaded it and tried
>to compile.  Unfortunately it won't compile for me.  The configure
>script runs fine.  Here's the output of make.
>
>Joel
>
>ezstream.c:406: warning: unused variable `ret'
>ezstream.c: In function `main':
>ezstream.c:576: error: `SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG' undeclared (first use in this
>function)
>ezstream.c:576: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>ezstream.c:576: error: for each function it appears in.)

you'll need to grab the svn libshout or pull the daily snapshot  from here:
http://www.oddsock.org/xiph_snapshots/libshout-snapshot.tar.gz

as far as your problem, it may be a problem with libshout itself.  ezstream
using the libshout timing routines to throttle the data it is sending at,
and sending in a ogg vorbis file of digital silence will most likely cause
ezstream (or anything else that uses libshout's timing) to not send any
data to icecast.  Icecast, in turn, will disconnect the source if doesn't
receive data in a specified period of time (this source-timeout in the
icecast config).

How about trying to change your icecast "source-timeout" (which is in
seconds) to a value larger than your digital silence clip.

oddsock