[Icecast] range support / stream seeking not supported by Winamp 5 and WMP 10?

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at home.nl
Tue Jan 4 13:53:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was just checking out icecast-2.2.0. You guys have done a great job yet
again!

I was interested in the range support / stream seeking on static files,
since that would be a really useful feature for my clients.

Range support / stream seeking seems to work with RealPlayer v10, but not
with Winamp 5 or Windows Media Player 10.
Does anyone else have this experience? Is there a way to make it work in
those two players also?

Cheers,
Klaas Jan

k.j.wierenga at home.nl