[Icecast] range support / stream seeking not supported by Winamp 5 and WMP 10?

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jan 4 14:27:48 UTC 2005

At 07:53 AM 1/4/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was just checking out icecast-2.2.0. You guys have done a great job yet
>again!
>
>I was interested in the range support / stream seeking on static files,
>since that would be a really useful feature for my clients.
>
>Range support / stream seeking seems to work with RealPlayer v10, but not
>with Winamp 5 or Windows Media Player 10.
>Does anyone else have this experience? Is there a way to make it work in
>those two players also?

hrmm..It works for me using winamp 5.05 and WMP 10.  What type of file are
you testing with ?  The winamp plugin doesn't work perfectly in some cases
(it gets a bit confused sometimes with VBR files), WMP 10 works perfectly
however.  Do you get a seek bar in winamp/WMP when playing on demand
(static files) ?

oddsock