[Icecast] Install icecast as user on remote server

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Feb 16 00:08:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 18:16, Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:

> When I try to compile it everything is ok untill:
>
> checking for libogg... ok
> checking for libvorbis... ok
> checking for struct ovectl_ratemanage_arg... no
> configure: error: must have Ogg Vorbis v1.0 or above installed

make sure that PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH refer to directories in your
home directory (if they are not already), eg

export PATH=$PATH:~/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:~/lib

then build each package (not already installed or old version) with

./configure --prefix=/home/username	(use your home dir)
make; make install

you may need to install libs that are newer than the ones already
installed, for instance I guess the libogg and libvorbis installed are
pre 1.0. The website mentions places where you can download packages
from.

karl.