[Icecast] Install icecast as user on remote server

Johannes Mario Ringheim Johannes.Mario.Ringheim at hib.no
Tue Feb 15 18:16:50 UTC 2005

Hi

Im trying to install icecast 2.2.0 on a remote server where I only have a user account (no sudo) Is there a way to make and install Icecast i my home directory.? My ISP is only willing to install 1.3, (which is already installed) and he says that I have to build my own librarys and compile Icecast in  my home directory if  I want to run the latest version.

The server is running Debian so we have the possebility to use apt-get, but I dont have the privileges to use it in the  "regular" way..

When I try to compile it everything is ok untill:

checking for libogg... ok
checking for libvorbis... ok
checking for struct ovectl_ratemanage_arg... no
configure: error: must have Ogg Vorbis v1.0 or above installed

best regard,

Sverre Helge Bolstad