Fw: [Icecast] Updating MetaData at the Relay

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Tue Feb 15 21:40:00 UTC 2005

I meant to send the message to the list but the default is to reply to the
sender, which I find a big hassle.  I know, I should being using a proper
email client and not Outlook Express.

> Now that 2.2.0 is out, we can update metadata on-the-fly.

http://server.ip:port/admin?&mode=updinfo&song=ACDC-Back_In_Black

This syntax is supported but it only shows up on the Icecast2 server web
pages, not on the listeners player, as far as I know.

I asked about this a week or 2 ago.  I would like this to work as well.
Oddsock wrote that there is no standard way to interject the metadata into
the stream at the server end.

Shoutcast can do it for mp3 streams.  It would be very nice if Icecast2
could do this for at least Ogg Vorbis streams by inserting a tag frame
between the audio frames.

Regards,
Ross Levis.