[Icecast] icecast stats

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Feb 15 18:23:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 14:28, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
> Regardless of the xsl files.
> Can't we communicate with the icecast server directly to retrieve the
> information ??
>

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:58:56 -0500, Ian A. Underwood <agentgrn at dcne.net> wrote:
> > lluis wrote:
> > > i need to access the info of the files
> > >
> > > /admin/stats.xsl
> > > /admin/listmounts.xsl
> > > /admin/listclients.xsl
> > >

> > I wanted to let other people monitor the connection stats and such of
> > the stream without giving out the PW.  I run a cron job on a remote
> > machine that gets the stats file every minute (the stats prog we use
> > needs the stats.xml file) with the admin UN/PW, and everyone then gets
> > the stats from my remote box without needing the admin PW or having
> > access to the admin functions.

Any of the stats in stats.xsl can be listed via xsl in webroot (eg
status.xsl) provided they are not marked as hidden (<hidden>1</hidden>).

The information about specific listeners (like IP addressess) are not in
the stats so are created specifically for the xsl, so those cannot be
done without password access.

karl.