[Icecast] icecast stats

Ian A. Underwood agentgrn at dcne.net
Mon Feb 14 17:58:56 UTC 2005

lluis wrote:
> i need to access the info of the files
>
> /admin/stats.xsl
> /admin/listmounts.xsl
> /admin/listclients.xsl
>
> from a remote machine and i don't want to send every time the admin passwd ...
>
> there is any way to make this info visible in the public /status.xsl page or
> in any other ???

All the admin functions sit behind the admin PW, and there's no way that
I've found to separate them, but I had a similar issue.

I wanted to let other people monitor the connection stats and such of
the stream without giving out the PW.  I run a cron job on a remote
machine that gets the stats file every minute (the stats prog we use
needs the stats.xml file) with the admin UN/PW, and everyone then gets
the stats from my remote box without needing the admin PW or having
access to the admin functions.

-I