[Icecast] Question about range select for static file serve in icecast

iceuse iceuse at wwlang.net
Wed Feb 9 10:15:15 UTC 2005

Hi,
i'm trying to use range in a static file served by icecast 2.2
I can't find an example of an http request.
Is something like
http://my-icecast-server.com:8000/my-static-file.ogg?range=bytes%3D120000-
correct?
I can't get that working. Maybe I forgot an option on icecast side.

I tried to open that file (without range) in winamp 5, but it downloads all the
file while playing and then, I can move into the downloaded file, but It's not
what I wanted, because the static file has no end (it is a live dump of a
stream served by icecast). (although I don't care about winamp, just want to
know how to send my own http request)

Thanks,
Chris