[Icecast] what ID tags will show up?

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Wed Feb 9 09:59:46 UTC 2005

Michael LaBash wrote:

> 1. Can you play mp3 files with Foobar2000 but stream them in Ogg Vorbis
> format? Will it lose quality?

I've not used FB2k, but I would think so.  Yes, you will lose quality, but
you'll lose quality anyway since no matter how you do this, you're going to
be reencoding with this type of setup, whether it be mp3>mp3 or mp3>vorbis.
And since 128kbps mp3 files aren't terrificly great quality to begin with,
it should be ok.  Best way to tell is to try it and see.

I'll let those more experienced with FB2k and win32/macos answer your other
questions.

Geoff.