[Icecast] relay password

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Thu Dec 15 18:29:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

In the Icecast configuration file, there is a
	[...]
	<relay-password>hackme</relay-password>
	[...]
What is it for?
I have multiple Icecast server that relay each others and the relays are
considered as simple clients.

That is confirmed by the...
[...]
    <relay>
        <server>127.0.0.1</server>
        <port>8001</port>
        <mount>/example.ogg</mount>
        <local-mount>/different.ogg</local-mount>
        <on-demand>0</on-demand>
        <relay-shoutcast-metadata>0</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
    </relay>
[...]

...where there is not mention of any password.
Would you just give me how to use that passwdord in a Icecast-only
server farm?

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.