[Icecast] Cannot build ices0/libshout2 on Mac OSX 10.4.2

Dan Stowell danstowell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 00:14:04 UTC 2005

Hi -

I'm rebuilding my OSX system and I can't get ices0 to build - or to be
more exact, can't get libshout2 to build.

I started by using DarwinPorts, and icecast2 & libogg & libvorbis
seemed to build OK. The install of ices0 then gave up at the libshout2
config stage with output like this:

[...]
checking for libvorbis... ok
checking for struct ovectl_ratemanage_arg... no
configure: error: requisite Ogg Vorbis library not found

Now, I found a thread on this list in July describing a similar
problem: http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2005-July/009744.html
- and suggesting that compiling with gcc 4 might be the cause. I'm
probably compiling with gcc 4 since I have the very latest Apple
Developer Tools installed. Can anyone confirm? Or provide a hint for
how I might fix this?

(I also tried uninstalling the libraries, reinstalling them via fink,
and then manually building libshout2. Then I failed at the config
stage, this time ending with
checking for ogg_sync_init in libogg... configure: error: not found,
maybe you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf
)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give -
Dan
--
http://www.mcld.co.uk