[Icecast] Re: Forcing individual clients to alternate mount points

Dick Trump DTrump1 at TriadAV.com
Sat Aug 20 21:29:50 UTC 2005

Dick Trump wrote:
> 1.  Can I set up a secondary streaming source that establishes my
> alternate mount point?  This can't be SimpleCast since it is live only.
> Do I just use a different port number?  Any recommendations for the
> streaming source?

Here I am, answering my own question (partially).  I set up a test system
and quickly brought up a second stream using EZStream.  It does exactly
what I need to do.  The command line interface will make it easy to play
on schedule.

But I'm still unsure how to move a client from one mount point to another
under program control.  Do I need to dig into XML to accomplish that?  Or
can I just use the HTTP messaging system of my choice?  Maybe I'll bring
up Ethereal and sniff out what is happening.

But if somebody can give me some hints, I'd sure appreciate it.

Regards

Dick