AW: [Icecast] id3-tags of static files

Michael Kamleitner michael.kamleitner at play.fm
Mon Aug 15 10:42:42 UTC 2005

thx oddsock for your detailed reply, I think I now understand the problem :)

I'm currently using a php-script (mp3 toolbox -
http://www.radiotoolbox.com/downloads/) to stream static mp3's on-demand,
and this script obviously sends the icy-headers (which are the shoutcast
metadata protocol, right?).

however, I think that it would be a nice feature for icecast to support
these icy-headers, is this planned for future releases, or do you think it
would be hard to hack this together?

greets,
mike