[Icecast] Intro file automatically tagged on stream

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Apr 19 20:05:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 20:27, DSA Lea, Engineering 04 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a solution for a short station ident to be included at the
> start of our stream file.  Currently we have a short playlist, but this
> then doesn't work in itunes, and people can just click forward to go to the
> stream.
>
> I hear that this is possible in Shoutcast, so hopefully there is something
> similar in icecast.  Yes I have asked this before and got our current
> solution from this list - but seeing as there have been many improvements
> to icecast since last year, perhaps there is a good solution available now!

Not in the 2.2 release, I have been testing out the intro feature in my
branch and it seems to be working well, so that could go into 2.3

Look either in SVN svn.xiph.org/icecast/branches/kh/icecast or get a
tarball from http://mediacast1.com/~karl/icecast-2.2-kh3.tar.gz

The file should be in <webroot>/some/intro.ogg

The rules for intro files are the same for fallback mounts, ie same
format ie no mp3 intro for ogg stream and try to maintain the same
settings for samplerate and channels as many players are unable to
switch midstream.

Feel free to give feedback as that will help us decide which features
should be put into the main releases.

karl.