[Icecast] Intro file automatically tagged on stream

DSA Lea, Engineering 04 dl4708 at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 19:27:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am looking for a solution for a short station ident to be included at the
start of our stream file.  Currently we have a short playlist, but this
then doesn't work in itunes, and people can just click forward to go to the
stream.

I hear that this is possible in Shoutcast, so hopefully there is something
similar in icecast.  Yes I have asked this before and got our current
solution from this list - but seeing as there have been many improvements
to icecast since last year, perhaps there is a good solution available now!

Thanks in advance,
David Lea