[Icecast] Adding authenticated mountpoints

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Apr 13 22:26:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 14:44, gARetH baBB wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2005, Karl Heyes wrote:
>
> > My current work is on
> > http://mediacast1.com/~karl/testing/icecast-2.2-kh3pre.tar.gz
> Bugs:

2 other bugs came up, one was relating to excessive memory usage when
using theora and server full messages. Both are fixed now

> 	Relays ignore the hidden flag

they work here, although the hidden attribute is associated with a
mount, not a relay.

> 	HUPing icecast puts icecast in a strange state where it doesn't
> actually take account of the conf changes, and also won't terminate on a
> TERM and needs a KILL - but it does still "work" otherwise.

this is fixed now, turned out to be a read lock not releasing.

> How is fallback to file actually meant to work ?

just state a filename within webroot. The server creates a source thread
so that it interacts with the existing fallback mechanism.  No timing
goes on with the data stream, and usual rules for fallbacks apply, ie
same format and same parameters.

> I notice you've got fallback-when-full, I would like to fallback (on full)
> to a URL - 302 style - but on a per mount basis rather than setting up a
> whole master/slave relationship.

Well 302 will only work on initial connection not after streaming has
occurred. I've still to work on the existing mechanism to see which is
best but that could work.

karl.