[Icecast] Adding authenticated mountpoints

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Apr 12 10:41:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 11:11, James McCurrach wrote:

> I could get my jukebox to modify the icecast.conf file with the details
> of each new mountpoint and write the userid/password to the htauth file,
> but is it possible to then force Icecast to re-read the config file, and
> if so how?

you can send a HUP to icecast to force a re-read and assuming the stream
isn't running at the time of the re-read then the setting should apply
when the source client does connect.  Updating the htpasswd file is
probably best done via the icecast url interface so that you don't race

I also have a working prototype for auth by URL, that way a new listener
will cause a web request from icecast to be sent to a backend auth
engine. This is only available in testing at the moment

karl.