[Icecast] IceCast MetaData Bug

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sun Apr 3 02:13:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

Unfortunately, there's no real way around this except checking to see if
the IP address is the same, and that's assuming this is a desired
limitation.

The reason for this is that this functionality is there so that if the
application that's playing the content is not the same one that's sending
the stream, the playout system can still send in metadata updates.

My suggestion for your situation is to use a fallback mount instead.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html