[Icecast] IceCast MetaData Bug

Dan Regalia dan at x-7.com
Sat Apr 2 20:10:45 UTC 2005

Just a quick one for you..

I setup an auto server, and during an hour-long pre-recorded show I noticed
that the metadata was being refreshed to a totally different playlist.
After checking out the other clients that contribute to my station, that one
had theirs on backup/standby, and was playing those songs in sam2.

Even tho they can't connect, it would still update the metadata on the
server.  I am guessing that somewhere in the connection events that there is
a call that says:

1)       authenticate

2)       pass metadata

3)       attempt to stream/connect

4)       if stream fails, disconnect

The order should be:

1)       authenticate

2)       check for stream availability

3)       attempt to connect

4)       on successful connect, pass metadata

Thanks guys  Keep up the great work.